Duration approx. 5 hours
Generally, all examinations are performed on one day
Check-up with detailed medical history, sonography and laboratory tests
At the end of the check-up you will receive a detailed findings folder
Overview of the check-up contents
Current detailed medical history and past medical history - As part of the medical history:
- For nicotine dependence: question inventory on physical nicotine dependence as a basis for smoking cessation (Fagerström test).
- Risk Factor Analysis (PROCAM Score)
- Anthropometry incl. bioimpedance analysis measurements
- Calculation of the Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Waist and hip circumference calculation [whaist-to-hip ratio (WHR), whaist-to-height ratio (WHtR)].
- Body composition (fat, water, biomass).
- Oxygen saturation (pulse oximetry)
- Detailed physical examination
- Differential blood count (large blood count) incl. differentiation of the white blood count
- Blood glucose values: Fasting blood glucose, HbA1c basal insulin (incl. HOMA index).
- Cholesterol status: total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides
- Liver/bile/pancreas values: gamma-GT, GOT, GPT, LDH, cholinesterase, bilirubin, lipase, amylase, alkaline phosphatase
- Kidney values: creatinine, urea, uric acid
- Muscle: creatine kinase
- Electrolytes/metabolism: calcium, chloride, potassium, sodium, magnesium, ferritin
- Coagulation values: INR (Quick), PTT, Fibrinogen
- Protein analysis: total protein and protein electrophoresis
- Thyroid hormone status: TSH basal (LIA)
- Urine status: pH, leukocytes, protein, glucose, ketone, erythrocytes, urobilinogen, nitrite, density, bilirubin; including micral test (microalbumin)
- Stool examination: Hemoccult test
- emerging risk factors: high sensitive CRP
- Men's laboratory (for men over 40 years of age): PSA / free PSA, if applicable
- Ultrasound of the abdominal organs (abdomen)
- Duplex ultrasonography of the carotid arteries including age- and sex-adjusted intima-media thickness measurement
- Sonography of the thyroid gland
- Ergospirometry with ECG incl. lung function
- Doppler echocardiography
- Pulse wave analysis incl. determination of the ABI index (ankle-brachial index)
- Hearing test (audiometry)
- Ocular fundus examination (TalkingEye) (ophthalmological specialist)
- Detailed final discussion, illustration and interpretation of all imaging findings
- Lifestyle counseling, based on individual findings
- Written generally understandable final report
Daily schedule "Check-Up Basic
You arrive at the EPC and are welcomed by the friendly medical team and accompanied to your lounge. This is reserved exclusively for you for the entire check-up day. The lounge has internet access, a private bathroom with shower. From your lounge you will be picked up and brought back to the examinations. During the breaks you will be served snacks and drinks.
A preventive physician will visit you in your lounge and conduct a personal intake interview with you. He will ask you in detail about any current complaints and/or previous serious illnesses, risk factors, hereditary predispositions, vaccination status and your lifestyle.
In-depth physical examination by an internal cardiology specialist. Please note that the daily schedule as well as the type of examinations will depend on your
individual risk factors and wishes more
or less may deviate from this.
Risk Factor Analysis
- By means of PROCAM Health Test your percentage risk of heart attack over the next 10 years is calculated.
Smoking history incl. Fagerström test for recording the addiction potential. Coaching for smoking cessation by a qualified psychologist can be booked as a supplementary service.
You can find the explanations in our glossary
- Blood sampling for determination, depending on the check-up, of all
- Urine status including Micral test
- Stool examination IFOB test
For colon cancer screening, this special immunological stool examination is performed.
Anthropometry including bioimpedance analysis
Measurements and calculations of body mass index, waist and hip circumference, and body composition (fat, water, biomass).
Pulse wave analysis
The non-invasive registration of the pulse waveform provides information on the stiffness of the arteries. This can be used to detect preliminary stages of atherosclerosis.
High-resolution duplex sonography of the cervical arteries is used to visualize the vessels supplying the brain. Important measurements are the so-called intima-media thickness (inner wall of the vessel) as well as the detection of atherosclerotic plaques and vasoconstrictions, from which strokes can originate. The thyroid gland is also examined (size, structure, nodes).
High-resolution, 2- and 3-dimensional echocardiography, if necessary under physical or pharmacological stress. The cardiac ultrasound examination is performed with a high-end device and provides information on cardiac function and heart valves. Doppler methods make the statements on blood flow and the heart muscle more precise.
Eye background examination (Talking Eyes)
The eye examination is performed telemedically at the EPC. The eye examination performed with a modern Fundus camera at EPC Recorded Images of the Ocular fundus become electronic to cooperating Eye Clinic of the University Hospital Erlangen clever and there from Doctors evaluated. The Mirror of the The back of the eye allows a direct view of the arteries. Atherosclerosis can be detected at an early stage. Also, indications of often not yet otherwise captured Risk factors like Hypertension or Diabetes given.
By means of Ergospirometry incl. ECG and Pulmonary function. Quantitative Determination of your Fitness level.
Audiometry (hearing test)
As part of our check-up, we measure your hearing using standardized tone sequences. This allows us to identify hearing damage in certain frequency ranges at an early stage.
Sonography abdomen ( ultrasound of abdominal organs)
With the help of abdominal ultrasonography, the liver, gallbladder, spleen, kidney, bladder, prostate and uterus can be visualized in the abdominal cavity. Changes in size and structure can give the doctor clues to certain diseases.
Medical findings and life style advice
It is also followed by medical lifestyle counseling based on the diagnosis. All Investigation results (until at few more elaborate Laboratory analyses) lie at this Time before.
In the Following days becomes To you a Check-Up- Dossier folder with a detailed and understandable Report of findings as well as also all Original findings sent to you by mail. You will receive a personal QR code with which you can the two- and three-dimensional Image material of your can retrieve examinations. These can then be called up by means of Dicom-Viewer viewed on any PC become. Of course can You the EPC Physicians also to Contact us at any time at the end of your check-up if things are unclear to you. remained are.
Please note that the daily schedule as well as the type of examinations - depending on your individual Risk factors and Wishes – more or less from deviate from this example can.
Our key account manager is always available to answer your questions regarding your framework contract, check-ups and new contracts.
Specialist for BGM/BGF
Mobile: +49 151 55384979