Duration approx. 7 hours
We try to perform all examinations on the same day
Check-up with detailed medical history, full-body MRI and extended laboratory tests
At the end of the check-up you will receive a detailed findings folder
Overview of the check-up contents
Current detailed medical history and past medical history - As part of the medical history:
- For nicotine dependence: question inventory on physical nicotine dependence as a basis for smoking cessation (Fagerström test).
- Standardized question inventory on well-being
according to WHO as a basis for lifestyle counseling
- Risk Factor Analysis (PROCAM Score)
- Anthropometry incl. bioimpedance analysis measurements
- Calculation of the Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Waist and hip circumference calculation [waist-to-hip ratio (WHR), waist-to-height ratio (WHtR)].
- Body composition (fat, water, biomass).
- Oxygen saturation (pulse oximetry)
- Detailed physical examination
- Differential blood count (large blood count) incl. differentiation of the white blood count
- Blood glucose values: Fasting blood glucose, HbA1c basal insulin (incl. HOMA index).
- Cholesterol status: total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides
- Apolipoprotein B
- Apolipoprotein A1
- Liver/bile/pancreas values: gamma-GT, GOT, GPT, LDH, cholinesterase, bilirubin, lipase, amylase, alkaline phosphatase
- Kidney values: creatinine, urea, uric acid
- Muscle: creatine kinase
- Electrolytes/metabolism: calcium, chloride, potassium, sodium, magnesium, ferritin
- Coagulation values: INR (Quick), PTT, Fibrinogen
- APC resistance
- Protein analysis: total protein and protein electrophoresis
- Thyroid hormone status: TSH basal (LIA)
- fT3, fT4
- Urine status: pH, leukocytes, protein, glucose, ketone, erythrocytes, urobilinogen, nitrite, density, bilirubin; including micral test (microalbumin)
- Stool test: ScheBo® o 2in1 Quick™ stool test (immunological stool test)
- Bladder cancer screening: NMP22® BladderChek® urine test for bladder cancer screening (immunological
- emerging risk factors: high sensitive CRP, lipoprotein(a), homocysteine
- Arterial plaque activity: - Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (Lp- PLA2).
- Cardiac markers: NT-proBNP
- Omega-3 index
- Vitamin D (25-hydrox vitamin D)
- Immunoglobulins: IgA, IgG, IgM, IgE
- Men's laboratory (for men over 40 years of age): PSA / free PSA, if applicable
- Sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) with calculation of the androgen index
- Whole-body MRI (GK-MRI) and whole-body MRAngiography (GK-MRA): imaging of the complete
Organ, muscle and vascular system as well as visualization of the entire spine (longitudinal and cross-sectional) and differentiation of degenerative changes (e.g. herniated disc)
- Duplex ultrasonography of the carotid arteries including age- and sex-adjusted intima-media thickness measurement
- Sonography of the thyroid gland
- Ergospirometry with ECG incl. lung function
- Heart rate variability (HRV) for the assessment of psychosomatic stress level
- Tissue Doppler Echocardiography (TDE)
- Real-time 3D echocardiography (3DE) (for cardiac vitium)
- Doppler echocardiography
- Pulse wave analysis incl. determination of the ABI index (ankle-brachial index)
- Hearing test (audiometry)
- Skin screening (dermatological specialist)
- Ocular fundus examination (TalkingEye) (ophthalmological specialist)
- oral glucose tolerance test (oGTT)
- Holter ECG (for arrhythmias)
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABDM) (for hypertension)
- Sleep Screening
- Detailed final discussion, illustration and interpretation of all imaging findings
- Lifestyle counseling, based on individual findings
- Written generally understandable final report
Daily schedule "Check-Up Standard
You arrive at the EPC and are welcomed by the friendly medical team and accompanied to your lounge. This is reserved exclusively for you for the entire check-up day. The lounge has internet access, a private bathroom with shower. From your lounge you will be picked up and brought back to the examinations. During the breaks you will be served snacks and drinks.
A preventive physician will visit you in your lounge and conduct a personal intake interview with you. He will ask you in detail about any current complaints and/or previous serious illnesses, risk factors, hereditary predispositions, vaccination status and your lifestyle.
Risk Factor Analysis
- By means of PROCAM Health Test your percentage risk of heart attack over the next 10 years is calculated.
Smoking history incl. Fagerström test for recording the addiction potential. Coaching for smoking cessation by a qualified psychologist can be booked as a supplementary service.
You can find the explanations in our glossary
- Blood sampling for determination, depending on the check-up, of all
- Urine status including Micral test
- Stool examination IFOB test
For colon cancer screening, this special immunological stool examination is performed.
Anthropometry including bioimpedance analysis
Measurements and calculations of body mass index, waist and hip circumference, and body composition (fat, water, biomass).
Pulse wave analysis
The non-invasive registration of the pulse waveform provides information on the stiffness of the arteries. This can be used to detect preliminary stages of atherosclerosis.
High-resolution duplex sonography of the cervical arteries is used to visualize the vessels supplying the brain. Important measurements are the so-called intima-media thickness (inner wall of the vessel) as well as the detection of atherosclerotic plaques and vasoconstrictions, from which strokes can originate. The thyroid gland is also examined (size, structure, nodes).
High-resolution, 2- and 3-dimensional echocardiography, if necessary under physical or pharmacological stress. The cardiac ultrasound examination is performed with a high-end device and provides information on cardiac function and heart valves. Doppler methods make the statements on blood flow and the heart muscle more precise.
Eye background examination (Talking Eyes)
The eye examination is performed telemedically at the EPC. The eye examination performed with a modern Fundus camera at EPC Recorded Images of the Ocular fundus become electronic to cooperating Eye Clinic of the University Hospital Erlangen clever and there from Doctors evaluated. The Mirror of the The back of the eye allows a direct view of the arteries. Atherosclerosis can be detected at an early stage. Also, indications of often not yet otherwise captured Risk factors like Hypertension or Diabetes given.
By means of Ergospirometry incl. ECG and Pulmonary function. Quantitative Determination of your Fitness level.
Audiometry (hearing test)
As part of our check-up, we measure your hearing using standardized tone sequences. This allows us to identify hearing damage in certain frequency ranges at an early stage.
Heart Rate Variability (HRV)
For recording psychosomatic stress levels. For anyone interested in sleep, recovery, performance or general health. Depending on the diagnosis we can a 3-day HRV, long-term ECG, long-term RR, or a sleep apnea diagnosis offer
Cross-sectional Diagnostics - Whole Body MRI Native (tumors, musculoskeletal system)
3-dimensional Representation of the entire Body. This Investigation takes place without any Radiation exposure for the Body.
CROSS-SECTIONAL IMAGING - WHOLE-BODY MRI ANGIOGRAPHY (vessels)
3-dimensional imaging of all body arteries. This examination takes place without any radiation exposure for the body. For this purpose contrast agent used.
Reflected light microscopy eye-catching Skin lesions to extensive Expert opinion of the entire Body, if necessary Photo documentation.
Medical findings and life style advice
It is also followed by medical lifestyle counseling based on the diagnosis. All Investigation results (until at few more elaborate Laboratory analyses) lie at this Time before.
Please note that the daily schedule as well as the type of examinations - depending on your individual Risk factors and Wishes – more or less from deviate from this example can.
Our key account manager is always available to answer your questions regarding your framework contract, check-ups and new contracts.
Specialist for BGM/BGF
Mobile: +49 151 55384979